Picture courtesy of Greater Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce
The Estate Planning Council of Spartanburg, South Carolina, was established in 1967. There are over 50 active members from Spartanburg and the surrounding areas.
The objects of the Council are:
- To provide a better understanding of the services which life underwriters, trust officiers, lawyers, financial planners and accountants can render to life insurance policy-holders, corporate fiduciaries, foundations, companies and the general public.
- To promote cooperation among each of the six groups represented and to foster a better understanding of the proper relationship which each group bears to the other, to their clients, and to the general public.
Membership of this council consists of:
- Trust Officers of trust companies and banks maintaining trust departments
- Life Underwriters
- Certified Financial Planners
- Certified Public Accountants
- Individuals working in and knowledgeable of the Estate Planning field
All members are interested in and actively practicing estate planning or related subjects in Spartanburg County or in adjacent counties in South Carolina. Members must remain in good standing in their respective professional associations.
Estate Planning Council of Spartanburg is affiliated with the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils and joining can fulfill the requirement of belonging to an affiliated local estate planning council to become an Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) designee. Please contact the national office at 866-226-2224 to learn more about the Accredited Estate Planner® designation.