Estate Planning Information

Estate planning encompasses the growth, conservation, and transfer of an individual’s wealth through the creation and maintenance of an “estate plan.”  The purpose of estate planning is to develop a strategy that will maintain the financial security of individuals through their lifetime and facilitate the intended transfer of their property and assets at death, while taking into consideration the unique circumstances of the family and the potential costs of different methods.

All too often, we hear:

  • "I'm too young to do estate planning."
  • "All my property is titled in joint tenancy with my spouse so I don't need a will."
  • "Estate planning is only for the super-rich."
  • "Estate planning is too complicated and expensive."
  • "Doesn't the government provide for that?"
  • "We did our wills right after we got married 30 years ago and see no need for further planning."

If you seek advice and guidance with regard to your estate planning needs, please view our website and search for a the type of member that meets your needs.  As an alternative, you can search for an Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) or Estate Planning Law Specialist (EPLS) designation holder in your area on the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils website.

Featured Articles

To ensure your wishes are followed, prepare a will

One of the most frequent questions asked in estate planning is whether a will is really necessary, particularly when someone has taken steps to avoid ...

Giving inspired by personal goals, morals

When planning an estate, individuals may be presented with the option to leave a planned gift to a nonprofit organization. With hundreds of legitimate ...

Business briefs

... hired Korinna A. Gundrum as manager, retirement plan services; Zachary G. Williams as financial adviser; and Constance Pyles as client services ...

IMG Jewelers has gem of a story for 70 years

... wanting to buy something your wife or husband is going to be wearing a lot, it's an emotional purchase and it can be a large financial purchase.

Estate planning can benefit everyone – including the 99%

For the wealthy 1%, estate plans are an integral part of financial planning. But for the other 99%, many don't see a reason to plan for their estate, ...